Saturday, January 14, 2012

Blogger's Choice Fat Quarter Bundle Contest

So I've found this fun contest!  It is called the Blogger's Choice Fat Quarter Bundle Contest from the blog Quokka Quilts.  The idea is that we've all seen the blogger's choice fat quarter bundles at the Fat Quarter Shop and wouldn't it be cool to make up your own bundle?  So each participant chooses 15 fabrics from the Fat Quarter Shop (3 solids and 12 prints) and posts about their bundle on their blog.

So here's my bundle:
The fabrics from the top left are: 1. Kona Cotton Black by Robert Kaufman Fabrics 2. Kona Cotton Snow by Robert Kaufman Fabrics 3. Bella Solids Silver Yardage by Moda Fabrics 4. Heart Garden Black Daisy Tiling by Robin Zingone for Robert Kaufman Fabrics 5. Paparazzi Black on White Wandering Florals from Paparazzi by Red Rooster Fabrics 6. Remix Red Fun Dots from Remix by Ann Kelle for Robert Kaufman Fabrics 7. Paparazzi Black Allover Flowers from Paparazzi by Red Rooster Fabrics 8. Black and White Black Random Pencil Check From Black and White by Michael Miller Fabrics 9. Celebrate Seuss Black and White Stripe from Celebrate Seuss by Robert Kaufman Fabrics 10. Alien Friends Red Geo Master by Hoodie for Timeless Treasures Fabrics 11. Rivoli Natural and Black Geo from Rivoli by Alexander Henry Fabrics 12. Celebrate Seuss Red and Black Wonky Dots on White Cotton from Celebrate Seuss by Robert Kaufman Fabrics 13. Alien Friends Black and White Bubble Dot by Hoodie for Timeless Treasures Fabrics 14. Alien Friends Black and White Nettie Dot by Hoodie for Timeless Treasures Fabrics 15. Alien Friends White Kiss Me by Hoodie for Timeless Treasures Fabrics 

I also decided that I would showcase my bundle by using the virtual fabrics to fill in a quilt I've designed. If I win I promise I'll make a real one!  Let me know what you think. -Andrew

14 comments:

  1. wow - love the layout - that quilt would look great in fabric !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt- its exactly what I've been looking for- do you have a pattern for it, or was it a pattern you saw somewhere? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, but I don't have a pattern for it. I made the mock-up but never actually made the quilt. Feel free to steal it though! If you do make one, I'd love to see it!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your quick response! I'll see what I can do with the picture provided!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did anyone end up making this quilt? If so, a pattern is desperately desired....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Dorthy, I still haven't gotten around to making this quilt. ...maybe someday.

      Delete
  5. This is a great design! Love the mix of horizontal and vertical elements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this post is old, but what a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want this pattern, pleeeeeeeze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, but I don't have a pattern for it. I made the mock-up but never actually made the quilt. Feel free to steal it though! If you do make one, I'd love to see it!

      Delete
  8. I so glad to know that it is OK to steal your idea for this quilt! I think it will be the perfect pattern to showcase a fabric that I inherited from my mother. The fabric is probably at least 75 years old but it has a mid-century modern vibe. I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've tried my best at making a version of this with vintage sheets. I'd love to know what you think.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt5p9VrH2xs/?igshid=xgi2w6laqnqa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Was so hoping there was a pattern for this quilt. I have it printed off and will try creating my own. I have some great fabrics to focus on this and am thinking of making my grandson a graduation quilt using this idea. I love the way the rows are offset and want to keep that look...that will be the greatest challenge. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete